How To Join Amazon FireStick To 5GHz WiFi
If you need your Amazon FireStick to work quicker and effectively with none drawback, you’ll be able to join it to a 5GHz community. Often, the FireStick gadget will want a robust WiFi sign to work in full capability.
You could use it offline as nicely, however you’ll be able to’t evaluate it to when it’s related to a wi-fi community. Furthermore, if you wish to get pleasure from all of the Fireplace TV gadget options and functionalities, you should be sure that there’s no sign interference. That is why we advocate utilizing the 5GHz community over the two.4GHz model.
Utilizing the FireStick 5GHz community velocity, you’ll be able to say goodbye to extra buffering and peripheral noises when watching your favourite movies.
Additionally, with a 5GHz community sign, you’ll unleash the complete capabilities Fireplace Stick has to supply.
So, in case you’re focused on using the Fireplace TV gadget at full capability, maintain studying this text. We’ll present you the best way to join your Amazon Fireplace Stick with the 5GHz community velocity of your WiFi router. However earlier than we do this, let’s do a short on the 5GHz community.
What Is 5GHz Router Pace?
Routers include two totally different velocity ranges: 2.4GHz and 5GHz (each measured in gigahertz). Between the 2 speeds, the 5GHz channel is the most effective as a result of it’s the quickest. Whereas 2.4GHz is okay for a broader vary, you’ll be able to’t evaluate it to 5GHz when streaming video contents or utilizing an Amazon Fireplace TV.
So, once we speak in regards to the 5GHz channel or 5GHz networks, keep in mind that we’re referring to your router velocity. However not all routers assist 5GHz velocity.
So, in case you’re somebody who prioritizes velocity over different issues, the 5GHz channel of a dual-band router is what you want. If you wish to use your Amazon Fireplace Stick, plus different gadgets in your WiFi community, you’ll want to connect with the 5 GHz channel.
It permits you to pair plenty of gadgets, even your cell gadget, in your WiFi. Additionally, you’ll be able to obtain as many recordsdata as you need with out points.
The perfect half is that you should utilize your Amazon Fireplace Stick with stream all media with larger WiFi power and no interference with the Wi-Fi sign.
That’s to not say that 2GHz velocity isn’t acceptable. If you wish to use WiFi networks which are distant from routers, you might want to use the 2GHz choice. However the velocity will probably be slower, and you may’t join many gadgets to your WiFi community.
Utilizing the 5GHz velocity has its challenges as nicely. Most notably, you’ll be able to’t use WiFi networks which are too removed from routers. Additionally, many aged gadgets can not deal with the velocity of the 5GHz channel.
So, in case your TV, cellphone or pc are outdated fashions, they might not assist the WiFi 5GHz router velocity. However in case you’re utilizing a few of these new gadgets, you’ll be able to strive connecting to 5GHz for a quicker consumer expertise with no sign interference.
How To Join Your FireStick To the 5GHz Channel
Earlier than connecting your FireStick to the 5GHz community, you might want to swap from 2.4GHz to 5GHz.
So, if you wish to make the swap in your Wi-Fi community, ensure you do the next:
- Open an internet browser, resembling Chrome, Firefox or Safari, on any of your gadgets. Cell gadgets are additionally okay so long as they’re receiving a WiFi sign. When you’ve opened the window, kind on this tackle: http://192.168.1.1
- Some routers have default addresses, which can differ from the above. So, if that’s the case, go to the Amazon Fireplace Stick settings, open the System part, then go to About, then Community, and then you definitely’ll see the Gateway IP Handle. When you find it, write it down and use it within the tackle bar as a substitute of the above tackle.
- After typing the IP within the browser bar, a field on your router username and password will seem. Examine the WiFi router’s sticker for the small print. But when it’s not obtainable, contact your web service supplier for the knowledge.
- For those who add the login particulars, it should open the admin space of your wi-fi router. Within the admin space, find the Change Wi-fi Settings or Wi-fi Setting choices, as you will discover in lots of routers.
- Click on on the tab, then additionally click on on both Change Settings or Change Fundamental Settings.
- The web page will open to the 5GHz channel settings. Then, make the swap to 5GHz and choose channel 36 or others on your FireStick.
- Save the modifications you’ve made by clicking on the command tab.
- Afterward, restart your WiFi router to maneuver to the 5GHz channel. Additionally, your Amazon Fireplace Stick will robotically hook up with the 5GHz community.
- After the complete course of, return to the Fireplace Stick WiFi setting to test if the 5GHz community is lively.
How To Arrange Your FireStick To 5GHz Band
If you’ve simply purchased your Amazon FireStick, take the steps under to set it up earlier than connecting it to the 5GHz channel.
- Join the Fireplace Stick with your energy adapter.
- Plug it into the suitable TV HDMI port or HDMI extender.
- Flip your TV on and press your distant house button.
- Press the “Play/Pause” distant button to open one other display.
- Choose your most well-liked language.
- Choose your WiFi community title.
- Add your password.
- Join your FireStick.
For those who haven’t created an Amazon account, you are able to do so by choosing Create an Account. However in case you’ve already registered an account, go forward and choose Register.
What To Do if Your FireStick Doesn’t Join To 5GHz WiFi
Although the FireStick helps the 5GHz community, there are occasions when it might’t join. If this occurs to you, strive any of the next options to repair the difficulty:
- Examine if the router you’re utilizing has a 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection. If it does, strive enabling it earlier than reconnecting the FireStick. Bear in mind, it’s solely a dual-band router that permits you to swap from 2.4GHz to 5GHz.
- Strive assigning totally different SSID to your 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi channels. If they’ve the identical SSID, your FireStick can have bother figuring out the bandwidth. So, change the names after which strive reconnecting.
- Modify the router/modem antennas barely to enhance the efficiency of the 5GHz community.
- Change your Wi-Fi router’s place to see if the sign power of the 5GHz community will enhance.
- Restarting the router and rebooting your gadgets can even assist.
- If no different answer works for you, strive altering the channels. Change from channel 36 to different channels above it till you attain channel 48.
How To Change the SSID of the two.4GHz and 5GHz Networks of Your Router
One factor that may cease your FireStick from connecting to the 5GHz channel is when it has the identical SSID as the two.4GHz community. So, earlier than you even encounter the connection error, strive altering the title by doing the next:
- Enter your router’s IP tackle into your internet browser tackle bar.
- Then, kind within the router’s username and password. Seek for this element within the router sticker.
- Go to your Settings and discover the Wi-Fi community title choice or SSID.
- Enter the title you need for the 5GHz community.
- Save the modifications and click on Exit.
Amazon Fireplace Stick gives a whole lot of functionalities whenever you’re related to a sturdy wi-fi community. However whenever you apply it to a 5GHz community, you’re in for the most effective expertise.
It helps you browse, stream and surf the net with much less sign interference. You too can get pleasure from limitless video content material on the Amazon Fireplace Stick.
Bear in mind, your Fireplace Stick connects to the two.4 GHz community by default. So, it’s left so that you can swap your WiFi to the quicker 5GHz community. All you might want to do is comply with the easy steps above to maneuver from 2.4GHz to your router’s 5GHz community. When you’ve finished that, you’ll be able to join the Fireplace Stick with that channel.
Connecting your FireStick 5GHz velocity ensures streaming with out sign interference. Whereas others will probably be affected by visitors congestion and different WiFi community points, you’ll be having fun with a greater shopping expertise.